Here are the details of the KLR Ramblers ride for the Sync the planet 2017.
When: Meeting at 05/08/2017 9:30 pm. Starting the ride 10:00 pm sharp, because everyone all around the word start at that time. Would be silly not be in sync…
Where: We are meeting at the G.A.S. petrol station on Dairy Flat Rd near the Coastville-Riverhead Hwy intersection. See the map or the GPX file for the details.
Where are we going: Practically it is a ride around the Riverhead Forest, clockwise.
Here is how are we going around:
- The start of the ride is the G.A.S petrol station on Dairy Flat Rd, near the Coastville-Riverhead Hwy intersection.
- Left turn to Coastville-Riverhead Hwy intersection.
- Follow Coastville-Riverhead Hwy then right turn to Riverhead Rd.
- Keep going straight on Deacon Rd. This is a tricky intersection, pay attention!
- Right turn to Old North Rd.
- Right turn to Peak Rd.
- Right turn to Kaipara Coast Hwy (SH16) and immediately another right turn to Kahikatea Flat Rd.
- Follow Kahikatea Flat Rd and a right turn to Dairy Flat Hwy.
- Heading back to the G.A.S petrol station on Dairy Flat Rd, near the Coastville-Riverhead Hwy intersection where we started the ride.
The GPX file:
Download the GPX file from here.
The ride will take approximately 58 km on sealed road, and need 1 hour to complete it.
Since we are going to ride in the dark, you must be sure, all your lights are working and highly recommended to wear a hi-viz safety vest if you have one. Even I will wear one.
This time we will ride as a group.
Obviously, if raining cats and dogs we will cancel the ride, but a light drizzle will not stop us. I will keep checking the weather and put a “no go” sign on the site if the ride is cancelled not later than 8pm. Check the website before you leave home for the ride.